Scorching heat and loo invading the summer season calls for some soul-chilling food. Curd rice is one of the most relaxing and calming foods one can consume in summer. Also known as yogurt rice, curd rice originated in India. The curd rice dish is popularly preferred in Southern Indian states like Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, etc. The preparation of curd rice is fairly simple and it only needs a mixing of yogurt, salt, and simply cooked rice. The best sides for consuming curd rice include pickle, papad, and podi. Here are a few of the curd rice benefits consuming in summer:
- Digestive benefits: Since curd is a probiotic product, it is of immense benefit to your digestive benefits. Similarly, rice is also a protein product that aids in digestion. Thus, curd and rice help in solving digestive problems and stomach problems. Curd contains a bacteria named lactobacillus bulgaricus which soothes the inner lining of the stomach and makes absorption of nutrients very easy. It also maintains the balance of gut-friendly bacteria.
- Relax your mind: Curd rice is a meal that is very light in nature. Thus, it relaxes your mind and helps you in unwinding. It keeps the stress away from you as it is also a rich source of antioxidants, probiotics, and healthy fats. It also acts as a mood enhancer due to the nutrients present in the brain. This immunity booster rice releases a chemical called dopamine which generates a pleasure response in the body.
- Good source of energy: Curd rice is rich in carbohydrates as well and provides you with enough energy to continue for a day. These carbohydrates are broken down by the digestive enzymes and thus provide enough energy to the body.
- Beneficial to skin: Curd rice consists of many nutrients which nourish your skin. Also, it affects your overall health as well as digestive health which ultimately benefits your skin. Curd is known to keep your skin clear & blemish-free. Since it also maintains gut health and thus it reduces acne and ultimately gives you flawless skin.
- Regulates blood pressure: Since the amount of salt in curd rice is very less, your blood pressure is taken care of. It regulates blood pressure and keeps it under control. Curd rice has low sodium content which is responsible for blocking of arteries and veins and causes increased blood pressure. Additionally, the presence of magnesium and iron in the curd rice balances the salt existing in the body.
- Promotes weight loss: A bowl of curd rice is rich in fiber and helps you to avoid overeating and helps in curbing your hunger. It devoids you of extra calories and makes a spectacular choice for a light, summer diet. Thus, making curd rice benefits your one time meal and will help you to reduce weight and some extra inches especially if it’s low glycemic index rice.
Thus, it is evident that immunity booster rice along with curd helps in beating the summer heat and get a moment of happiness amidst the scorching loo.