Schezwan Fried rice is a popular form of fried rice from the oriental cuisine. Unlike the regular fried rice, this is hot and spicy and is always bursting with flavours of ginger, garlic, soy sauce and fiery red chilli paste.
This Schezwan fried rice is a zesty vegetarian and vegan stir-fried rice variety that features a bold and spicy homemade Schezwan sauce loaded with a healthy mix colourful vegetables and also aromatics from spices and herbs.
Make It with The Amuse CTRL G Low GI Rice and there is no stopping back. This recipe calls for an easy preparation of veggies and sauces that can be put together in a blink of an eye!
- Preparation and Cooking time – 20 mins
- Serves – 2
- All you need for making this Chinese Schezwan Fried Rice:
- Sesame Oil – 4 tbsp
- Minced Ginger – 4 tsp
- Minced Garlic – 4 tsp
- Chopped onion – ½ cup
- Assorted chopped Vegetables of choice – 2.5 cups
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Rice Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tsp
- Schezwan Sauce – 2 tsp
- Cooked Low GI Rice – 4 cups
- Chopped Spring Onions – ¼ cup
- Salt – To taste
Now let’s make the Chinese Schezwan Fried Rice –
- To start the Low GI Rice Bowl, heat the sesame oil in a pan or wok on medium- high heat.
- To the hot oil, add ginger and garlic and saute till golden brown
- Add the chopped onions and stir fry them till golden brown.
- Add all the veggies of your choice and stir fry them along with the onions for4 – 5 minutes till they cook and slightly brown at the edges.
- Add all the sauces to the veggies and stir well. Add salt to taste and let the veggies absorb the sauces a little.
- Add the cooked Low GI rice and gently toss the rice with the veggies so that the grains don’t break. Stir fry the rice for 2 to 3 minutes till the sauce coats all the rice and veggies properly.
- Serve hot in a bowl and garnish the Low GI Rice Bowl with Spring onions. Voila!!
You can always add a proteins of your choice to this stir fried rice bowl. You can add tofu, sautéed chicken or any other meat if you are a meat lover. On the whole this warm Low GI Bowl of Schezwan Rice is perfect for winter evening!