Curd rice or dahi chawal is a refreshing take on rice and is loved by people across all age groups. Curd Rice is made with curd or yogurt, and spices, which makes it a very healthy dish. In this article we will tell you about 5 common health benefits of having curd rice in your daily diet. Curd rice or dahi chawal is a great way to include protein in your diet, with each serving providing you with about 28 grams of protein. The high amount of calcium and vitamin C present in curd rice can also help reduce blood pressure levels.
Here are 5 common health benefits of having curd rice.
- Curd rice is a good source of calcium and vitamin C. It also contains proteins, which help in weight loss, digestion and other bodily functions.
- It helps in lowering cholesterol levels in the body. The amount of fat in your diet determines how high your cholesterol level will be, so curd rice can help you keep those numbers low by reducing their production by improving digestion.
- It reduces risk of heart disease because it contains nutrients that prevent plaque buildup on the arteries that supply blood to all parts of our bodies and cause them to harden over time (blockages). So if you want to reduce this risk factor while eating healthier foods like curd rice then go ahead!
- The curd rice can be used to make a face mask as well as a body scrub that will leave your skin soft and smooth after using it on your face or body.
- Dahi chawal provides high levels of iron which helps in building up haemoglobin in our blood stream so that we can get oxygen more easily throughout our bodies when needed.
Curd Rice Recipe – How To Make Dahi Chawal At Home
- 1 cup rice (I used Amuse Ctrl G low GI Rice)
- 1 cup yogurt (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions, green chilies and tomatoes mixed with salt to taste.
This cooling and refreshing dish has many variations depending upon the region and season. Dahi chawal is a popular dish in India. The healthier kind is made with low glycemic rice, curd and spices cooked together to make an aromatic and delicious dish that has many variations depending upon the region and the season.
Since most people love this dish, it’s no wonder that there are so many ways to prepare it! You can make your own version at home by following these simple steps:
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons oil or ghee along with cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds until they crackle but do not burn; then place them into a bowl for future use in this recipe later on down below when you start cooking off all those other aromatics like garlic cloves etc, which really brings out some great flavour
- Now take 1 cup uncooked Amuse Ctrl G low GI rice along with salt & turmeric powder (optional), mix well together then spread evenly across bottom portion inside pan before adding water until submerged completely underneath liquid level surface area level surface area level section
Dahi chawal or curd rice is a great way to beat the heat. It not only hydrates you, but also helps in keeping your body strong and fit. If you are looking for a nutritious snack at work or school, then this dish will do just that!